By Dawn Stoltzfus
Over two hundred mouthwatering recipes--fresh from the farm
I'm sunrise Stoltzfus. Welcome to my kitchen! i used to be raised on a Mennonite farm the place basic, healthy meals used to be a key factor of the great existence. Now I'm beginning up my recipe field, wiping away the crumbs and wrinkles from the well-loved recipe playing cards, and sharing them with you. From Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls and Strawberry Shortcake to out of date red meat Stew and poultry and Herb Dumplings, the entire most sensible convenience meals I realized to prepare dinner from my mom are the following, besides a few dishes that can shock you!
In addition to the straightforward, healthy recipes for starters, major dishes, aspects, and truffles, I proportion favourite tales from my Mennonite upbringing, assistance and methods for simple meal making plans and education, and ideas for serving with aptitude.
If you get pleasure from feeding your loved ones hearty, healthy foodstuff made with clean materials and many love, please subscribe to me within the kitchen!
Dawn Stoltzfus is a spouse, a mom of 2 candy little boys and one necessary female descendant, and a lover of whatever artistic. She begun and ran The Farmer's spouse industry till 2008, while she bought it as a way to remain at domestic to elevate her kin. She likes to cook dinner, for one or 300. Her love of cooking was once encouraged by means of her mom and built as she cooked for her relatives of six on their lively, operating dairy farm in Ohio.
Read Online or Download A Farmer's Daughter: Recipes from a Mennonite Kitchen PDF
Similar cooking books
While Lora Brody, cookbook writer, chocolate maven, and mom, despatched her sons off into the area, she (and they) learned that they didn't have a clue as to tips to feed themselves or their site visitors, if, heaven forbid, they need to have any. The Kitchen Survival advisor is for somebody -- newly graduated, newly married, newly unmarried -- who's venturing into the kitchen for the 1st time.
The queen of Savannah's the woman & Sons eating place, Paula Deen understands tips to please a hungry crowd. within the girl & Sons simply cakes, Paula stocks the down-home recipes that made her well-known, together with her signature Gooey Butter Cake (with luscious variations). Peach Cobbler, Turtle Cake, candy child Carrot Cake, Lemon Curd Pudding, and Pecan desires.
Small Kitchen strategies is full of instance kitchens, galleries of rules, and lots of tasks for readers to convey a huge punch to even the smallest kitchen.
The facility vegetables Cookbook provides a hundred and forty scrumptious, fit recipes for darkish, leafy vegetables that would please your palate and encourage you to wash your plate.
Kale and collards don’t need to be the single vegetables in your procuring checklist anymore. emerging stars comprise romaine and parsley, Brussels sprouts and beet vegetables, and extra. yet say the phrases “Eat your greens,” or even although we all know they’re stable for us, many of us are afraid that they won’t flavor stable. worry not more! the facility vegetables Cookbook offers go-to recipes which are either nutritious and delicious.
Acclaimed cookbook writer and blogger Dana Jacobi expands your culinary repertoire and introduces the fifteen strength Greens—from arugula to watercress—that are loaded with health-supporting foodstuff and phytochemicals that improve power, the entire whereas maintaining opposed to diabetes, middle illness, and hypertension, fortifying eyes and muscle groups, even making your dermis glow. Jacobi additionally stocks uncomplicated cooking recommendations that assist you arrange those large greens speedy. together with major dishes and hearty salads, dips, spreads, snacks, or even beverages, the facility vegetables Cookbook bargains myriad mouthwatering vegetable-centric recipes.
• Soups: Cabbage and Brussels Sprouts Soup, Spinach Gazpacho with Walnuts, Hoppin’ John Stew with Mustard Greens
• Salads: Caesar Salad with Parmesan Chickpeas, Tuscan Kale Salad with Pomegranate Seeds and Walnuts, Beets and Beet vegetables with Citrus Dressing
• major Dishes: pink Beans and Smoky vegetables, Kale-Smothered red meat Chops with Carrot and Apple, Tortelloni with Broccoli Rabe Florets
• Small nutrients and Snacks: Avocado and Watercress Tartine, Grilled Cheese and Tomato Sandwich with Kimchi, Poached Eggs in a Nest of Bacon-Wilted Kale
• facet Dishes and Condiments: Carrots with Wild Arugula Pesto, French Lettuce Stir-Fry, Tahini Creamed Spinach, Kale Za’atar
Shown in dozens of tantalizing photos, those dishes are absolute to turn into mainstays on your kitchen for weeknight family members food, informal exciting, and stylish dinner events. From the cruciferous and crunchy to the leafy and lightweight, the ability vegetables Cookbook is simply what the doctor—and your flavor buds—ordered.
- The Art of Fermentation: An In-Depth Exploration of Essential Concepts and Processes from Around the World
- Labels of Origin for Food
- No Worry Curries: Authentic Indian Home Cooking
- Seafood Handbook: The Comprehensive Guide to Sourcing, Buying and Preparation
Extra resources for A Farmer's Daughter: Recipes from a Mennonite Kitchen
E njoy with a cool glass of milk or hot mint cocoa! 46 H O L I D AY C R A F T I N G & B A K I N G W I T H K I D S 5. Glue the cream card stock onto the green card stock, centering it evenly, and trim with scallop scissors, if desired. Punch a hole at the top, thread thin ribbon or string through it, and tie the tag to the neck of the jar, just below the lid. 6. Wrap wide satin ribbon around the top of the jar for a pretty presentation. If desired, the recipe can be typed on the computer and printed directly onto card stock.
2. Using the glue pen or glue, attach the gold string ribbon, zigzagging it across the tree to create a garland effect. Use 4. Choose a few pieces of colorful construction paper and, scissors to trim the ribbon at the edges of the tree. using the smaller hole punch, punch out six to ten little 3. Glue the tiny circles made with the hole punch onto the tree so circles in various colors for each gift tag. Set these aside. they look like ornaments. Repeat to make the other tree tags. CONTINUED PROJECTS 53 MAKE THE GARLAND GIFT TAGS FINISH THE GIFT TAGS 1.
Using the scissors, make a diagonal cut from near the top of the long side of the triangle to just below the midpoint of the left edge (D). Unfold the paper (E), and there’s your star!